Thursday, June 9, 2011

Going to Hong Kong (Part 1)

There is always that terrible hassle when going overseas. Whether it is Malaysia, England, Australia, Brazil, Hong Kong or Afghanistan, people will always be eternally worrying what to bring there. Should they bring sunblock, or snacks, or a supply of hot chocolate? Then, there will always be the money exchanging that goes on. Besides the money that they keep in their budget, there will always be some extra 'emergency' money. Of course, it is always good to be safe, but on top of the emergency money, they will also bring some of their local money as 'emergency emergency' money, just in case their shopping brings their budget to an all-time low. This was one of the things that annoyed me. However, I suppose I must not complain, the supply of hot chocolate did come in useful.

Another thing that annoys me is the number of photos taken throughout the trip. Supposedly photos are there as memories, but I have doubts that I want to know what I ate for breakfastbts whether I want to remember what I had for breakfast:

Then, a second photo is taken:

Then a third one:
Sometimes they are boring...and to think that we never took a picture of the airport!

Waiting time was also fairly boring. It took 1 hour for all the checking in, immigration, and so on so forth to be done. The plane that we flew on was okay. It was the Singapore Airlines, each seat equipped with a television, that could be used for watching television, listening to radio channels, or gaming. It also came in with catering. This was probably the part that I liked least. While the entertainment was okay, the food was probably something like 3/10. I suppose that it was because the food was stored inside the plane in a freezer for a long time. Hopefully, the food that I ate had not expired yet.

After 3 hours we finally reached Hong Kong. We got lost a number of times trying to look for a taxi ride, but we finally found one in the end. There, my parents chatted quite a bit with the taxi driver about the life in Hong Kong before entering the hotel. My mother said that she would give a recommendation to the taxi driver because of his friendliness. (She has not done that yet) Anyway, we were surprised to find that there was a queue along the hotel check-in counter. It was probably the longest one we seen. In our past experiences, hotel queues were something like 3cm long. it probably took a whole half-hour to get our room card.

Guess what we did after that:

No comments: